Tuesday 12 July 2016

Book in the Spotlight: Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen


Book in the Spotlight: Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen

For this blog, we will recap the YA novel by Sarah Dessen called Someone Like You. 

To be completely honest, I'm not a huge reader of romance novels--something about them just drives me insane, so the thought of reading this book sort of turned my stomach. I shouldn't be so quick to judge a book by its cover, literally. My feelings about romance novels quickly changed after I read this book.

This story starts off with your typical teenage girls in high school until one of the main character's boyfriends die in an accident. It isn't long until we find out that she is pregnant with said boyfriend's child. The other main character falls in love with the typical bad boy who turns her life upside down. Together, the two girls try to make it through high school with all this drama and the new baby coming.

I don't want to give away too much of the novel in case there are people reading this post who have never read the book and would like to. But the way Sarah Dessen has taken a typical teenage romance and turned it for a loop is incredible. There are so many twists and turns that the reader will never get bored! Not to mention, it's a quick read. 

I have never read one of Sarah Dessen's books before but after reading this story, I'm sure I'll pick another one up along the way. I would give this book a 3.5 out of 5. There are some things that are dragged out and predictable but in the end, the author tied it all together and took the reader's imagination for a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment